Thursday, July 3, 2014

Day 3...Getting Uncomfortable in 2014

Day 3...Getting uncomfortable in 2014



Welcome to Day 3 of the "Blog every day in July" challenge!!!
 
Today I am going to talk about what I have done this year that was outside of my comfort zone. It is a pretty obvious choice, and it involves everyone reading this today. The answer? Blogging! I started blogging back in January of this year, and over the past few months, I feel like I have gone so far beyond my comfort zone! (See my first post ever here!) I have always enjoyed writing, but blogging has allowed me to share my writing with so many people! Blogging gives me the ability to open up about anything that is going on in my life and share it with the world. I can open up a new page and vent for 30 minutes, or jump on and share a quick outfit—whatever I am feeling on that particular day. I can give advice and tips and share some of my favorite recipes!! The topics are endless and the community seems to stretch to all the ends of the Earth! Blogging has gone from “Something I wish I had the time and skill for” to “I can’t believe I waited so long to do this!!”

Aside from the writing aspect, blogging has opened my eyes to so many other things! Before January, Instagram was a social media network that I had clicked on once or twice, scanned through and just kept on browsing. Pinterest was completely foreign to me, and I had never even heard of Google + or Bloglovin’! I would browse aimlessly through others' blogs, comment on a post here and there and be on my way. Being a member of the blogging community has opened my eyes to what is really out there, and I have met some GREAT people along the way!! It is amazing how many people you can touch by spilling your heart about a particular subject or leaving a simple comment. And the best part? I realized that I am not the only one out there who has been trying to get pregnant for years, I am not the only one who loves to mix stripes with polka dots and floral print, and I am not the only one who feels like a Sunday Twilight marathon is the best thing in the world!


Thank you all for making this transition out of my comfort zone a smooth one! I am really looking forward to what the next 6 months has in store for me and can't wait to share it all with you!! Come back tomorrow to see what I love most about America and then again on the 13th to find out the one thing I couldn't live without!


Allieology


Linked with:
Sincerely Paula's no Rules Weekend Blog Party


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment