My blog was going really well for awhile, and then I got lazy. I'm really not sure exactly how this happened, but I have a general idea. You see, I changed positions at work a few months back, leaving me with much less time for slacking off (#hashtagworkinggirlprobs). When I get home after work, this bright red screen keeps appearing in my living room and I don't know how to stop it! (insert Netflix emoji here). So when you think about it, it's technically not my fault that I haven't written a post in 8 months. Blame = shifted.
I figured it was about time to log back on to the ole' blog not because I received several requests for a new post (which I have by the way, and it makes me SOOOOO happy that people are actually still reading this thing!), and not because I have run out of shows on Netflix (which is also true, and also sucks royally). Today's post is being written because this coming Friday marks a milestone in my life! This milestone is crazy and sad and depressing and million other negative things, but a milestone nonetheless. This Friday is my 30th birthday!!!!!
The big 3-0!!!
That means that tomorrow is officially my last full day in my twenties! No more blaming my stupid mistakes on being a kid. No more using age as an excuse to not do this or not say that. As of Friday I will officially be a big girl. And you know what? It sucks ass. I have known for quite some time that this day was coming (for about 29 years now) but it is still hitting me like a ton of bricks. And there is absolutely nothing I can do about it! So instead of spending the ENTIRE post complaining about all of the goals that I have not accomplished (a big thanks to my desolate uterus for that one), I am going to instead list the amazing things that HAVE happened so far in my life. Because if we are being honest, the past 30 years have been pretty kick ass.
1. I am married to my best friend ♥ 6 years ago I was lucky enough to meet the most amazing man in the world, and for some crazy reason he picked me as his wife! I couldn't imagine a better person to be my husband, and he reminds me every day why I love him so much!
3. I have had the honor of meeting and getting to know all of my grandparents. For some people this may not seem like a huge accomplishment, but personally spending time with the 4 people that had a hand in creating you? That is an amazing feeling!
4. I have the 2 best fur-babies ever, who have made me a momma despite my baron reproductive system! I may not be able to bring them to the mall, or family gatherings, or pretty much anywhere where there will be humans/breakables/food/clean floors, but they are pretty damn awesome to have around!
Cj & Casper
5. I know that I already mentioned my nieces and nephews, but those 10 little rugrats need their own number. Those babies make me happier than anything, and number 11 will be no exception! (That's right--another niece/nephew on the way!!)
6. I may not live in a mansion or drive a Ferrari, but the hubs and I have made a pretty great life for ourselves. Our quaint little house filled with 1 too many pictures and a million nick nacks is perfect, and the small town we have nestled ourselves into is an amazing place to live!
7. We are going to Europe next year!!!! That's right, next October we will be jetting off to Ireland to kiss the Blarney Stone, take in the beauty of the Cliffs of Moher and frolic through the lush countryside!!! I may not make it there before 30 but damnit I am looking forward to every minute of it!
.....Here's to thirty and thriving!!!.....