Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Scrum-diddly-umptious!!

Scrum-Diddly-Umptious!!!

The hubby and I are HUGGE fans of going out to eat. Who am I kidding, I'm a huge fan of eating in general. There are a few restaurants that we frequent pretty often, one of them being Olive Garden. I have a few signature dishes that I rotate between, (my favorite being the Steak Gorgonzola Alfredo with spinach and balsamic vinegar..yum!), but the hubby sticks with his favorite when we go--Chicken Alfredo. Over the years I have tried, unsuccessfully, to come up with an Alfredo sauce that comes even close. Every time it was either too thick, too thin or too cheesy---a few times it just plain sucked. After several attempts I finally decided to look for Olive Garden's recipe online, and luckily, I was able to find it. The first time I made it, I couldn't believe how crazy simple it was and how few ingredients were actually involved. It is quick and easy enough to make on a Tuesday night after work, yet fancy schmancy enough to serve as a Sunday dinner. So without further ado.....

Yummy Alfredo Sauce

Ingredients:
1 stick of butter
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups heavy cream
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
Salt & Pepper

Directions:
Melt butter in large saucepan.
Add garlic and cook for 5 minutes.
Stir in heavy cream and cook for 15-20 minutes. Make sure to stir the mixture every few minutes.
Add Parmesan Cheese, salt & pepper. (I usually add about 1/2 tsp of pepper for extra flavor; salt to taste)
Cook for an additional 10 minutes.
Serve over cooked fettuccine & sprinkle with parsley if desired.

FYI..If you can't tell by the ingredients, this is seriously like the most unhealthy meal you could ever prepare. Butter, cream and cheese...OMG de-lish.
 
We also like to marinate some chicken in an Italian Dressing/seasoning mixture, throw it on the grill and top off the pasta with it. Yum!

I am terrible at taking pictures while I cook (I really should get better at that!) but I have a few pictures of the finished product for you:





I usually serve it with some homemade garlic bread for dipping. I slice up a loaf of Italian bread, spread some butter and then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and garlic powder. Pop it in the over for 8 minutes @ 400ยบ and Voila!

Let me know how the recipe turns out when you make it, I love hearing success stories!!! I hope everyone is having a great week so far!





16 comments:

  1. I love a good Alfredo sauce. You really can use it for so many dishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! You really can!! And I'm telling you, it is SO easy!!!

      Brianna

      Delete
  2. LOVE white sauce.... definitely going to have to try this :)

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! That sounds soo good!!

    madeintheshadeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS - I followed you on pinterest :)

      Delete
    2. OMG it is so good!! It has made its way into constant rotation in our house! :)

      Delete
    3. And right back at ya on pinterest! :)

      Delete
  4. Omgsh come cook for me!! Seriously can almost taste it :)

    Tori
    FashionBlingGirlyThings

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks delicious!! That's one of my favorite Italian dishes to order when we are out to eat :) and your recipe looks just like the Olive Garden's...yum!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! My hubby gets it whenever we go to an italian restaurant, so I HAD to learn how to make it!!

      Delete
  6. Ommmmggggg this looks divine!! Alfredo is the best! mmmm now I want some!

    <3 Shannon
    upbeatsoles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so easy to make!! And it tastes divine too!!!

      Delete
  7. This looks amazing!!! Love easy meals :)
    xo TJ

    http://www.hislittlelady.com

    ReplyDelete