Monday, July 14, 2014

Day 14....Finish the sentence....

Day 14....Finish the sentence....

 I don't even care that today is Monday (ok, I do a little bit) because today's post is such a good one!!! In case you didn't know, I.LOVE.LISTS. One, I get to be super lazy and not think about a topis..and 2, I get to read everyone else's answers to the same question. Double score! Today's questions,like this whole awesome challenge, were provided by the lovely Faith, Juliette & Allie. Head on over and check out their pages---you won't be disappointed!!


When I open the fridge, I always hope I find...MILK
I can seriously finish an entire gallon by myself in just a few days. Between the glass (ok two) that I have with dinner, plus the cereal that I eat in bed just about every night, I am obsessed with milk. You know what they say about doing a body good!! And of course, it has to have ice in it!!


"My favorite article of clothing is..."
OMG I have way too many favorites! If we are being completely honest (which is the coolest thing about blogging, right?), then my fuzzy pink bathrobe is my absolute favorite! Not a day goes by between October and March when I'm not sporting that baby around the house. And I'm not even a little bit ashamed!


"Last week I was really pissed when..."
My period decided to come back for the second time this month! Hey, mother nature, it's not enough that you are a huge pain in my ass once a month, but please, come back again. Not to mention the fact that every time you show your awful face I am reminded once again that we are not pregnant. Thanks a bunch!
"One thing nobody understands about me is..."
My anal retentiveness. Yes, my clothes must stay color coordinated. No, the nutritional labels can not be facing outward in my pantry. And yes, you will always find my car volume set on 10 when you start the car. Why, you ask? Because I can. 


"One thing I don't understand is..."
 How people could abuse children. It's bad enough when some piece of shit "accidentally" leaves their 3 year old in the car on a 100 degree day in Florida. But when someone knowingly, intentionally puts their hands on a child to abuse them--I will never understand. Discipline is one thing--abuse is a completely different story!


"The world would be a better place if..."
 Healthcare was free!! Ok, so I know that in some places (Canada, Europe...) healthcare is already free. But here in the U.S. of A. we get to pay out the ass for insurance, then we have to pay a co-pay at the appointment, THEN we are graced with a ginormous bill a few weeks later. Sounds fair, right?


"If I had a million dollars, I'd..."
Pay off all of our debt, give everyone in our families a boatload of money, and then travel the world for a few weeks. And of course I would throw in a HUGE shopping spree for me and a 90" TV for the hubs!!


"If I knew I'd die next week, this week I'd...."
 Call everyone who has ever made a difference in my life and tell them I love them. Then I would kiss and hug everyone in my family a bazillion times. Then I would lay in bed with my hubs for hours and hours just talking (maybe a little more than talking......)


"If I could change one thing about myself, it would be..."
 I am a huge coward. I think I have admitted this before, but I am scared of everything. The dark? Can't handle it. Weird random people coming up to talk to me? I start freaking out in my head wondering what their ulterior motive may be. Growing up in a big city had a huge impact on how much I trust people and I would love to change that if I could.


"Something that can always make me happy is..."
My hubs!!!! He is my best friend and my soul mate. No matter how bad it is, and now matter what goes on throughout the day, knowing that he is by my side makes me happier than anything in the world. He has wiped away countless tears, held my hair back more times than I would like to admit, and provided millions of hugs at exactly the right time. <3 swk <3


"Something I'll never blog about is..."
Arguments between me and the hubs. I'll be the first to admit that we don't have a perfect life or a perfect marriage. In fact, I've never met anyone who does. That being said, no one else needs to know about what goes on between us. Not my family or friends, not fellow bloggers or perfect strangers, needs to know what goes on behind closed doors.


"If I could go anywhere I would go..."
 To Ireland! My nan used to travel there all the time to visit her family. She always said that one day she would take me over, but we never had the chance to. When I met the hubs, I found out that his dream vacation would be Ireland---seriously, could we be more meant to be? One day we will take the trip over to see the beautiful rolling hills and kiss that Blarney Stone!  



"If I were an animal I would be a ..."
So I asked the hubs about this one because I had no idea! His first answer (and a pretty quick one at that)? A cat. Turns out there are 2 reasons for that answer. One, I am girly and prissy and careful like a cat. Ok, I can handle that. Second reason? And I quote..."Because when I croak I can see you being one of those crazy cat ladies." Thanks babe, you really know how to make me smile.


"A job I've always wanted is..."
 Anything to do with senior citizens. I.love.old.people. As a child I volunteered at a nursing home and absolutely love it! Back when I was in nursing school (yes, I went to Nursing School and no, I did not finish...story for another day) I got the chance to work at a senior assisted living facility and I realized that was my calling in life. One day when money doesn't matter, and I am free to do whatever I want, I would love to work with seniors.

*my nan, who was one of the coolest old people in the universe*

"My idea of a perfect day is..."
Waking up to a good morning kiss from the hubs, then looking out the window and seeing a gloomy, rainy day. We would lay on the couch all day and watch movies, only getting up to eat and pee. We would order Chinese food and snuggle under blankets until the moon came up, then turn of the lights and drift off to sleep right there on the couch. Perfection.


Now that you know SO much more about me, what about you? What animal would you be? Where would you go? And make sure you tune in tomorrow when I write a letter to an inanimate object!!


Allieology

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment