Sunday, July 6, 2014

Day 6...Things I would never do

Day 6...Things I would never do


Welcome to Day 6 of the 31 day blogging challenge!!! I hope you have been following along and maybe even taking part in the challenge yourself! Today’s topic is a list of things that I will never do. Like never ever ever. (Seriously, now I am going to have that song in my head all day… **we are never, ever, ever getting back together…..**) Back to the subject at hand…


Obviously there are some answers that come to mind right away---I would never kill anyone, I would never rob a bank, I would never jump off a bridge...these answers seem like the pretty obvious choice. But since I rarely choose the obvious answer, I will dig a little deeper and tell you 5 things that I would never ever ever do (***you go talk to your friends, talk to my friends, talk to me***…seriously guys, it will be in my head all day now)


Number 1: I would never cheat on my hubby.


Now I’m not going to get all preachy over here and tell you that I am the perfect wife, and I would be lying if I said that I had never cheated on a previous boyfriend. But marriage is a whole different ballgame guys. When I said “I do” it meant that I was promising myself to him for as long as we live. Let me clear something up. It is human nature to glance at the hottie walking by (both me and my hubby do it) and it is perfectly ok to flirt your way out of a parking ticket. Developing feelings for another person and/or acting on those feelings is 100% different—it is the worst thing you can do in my book. If you aren’t happy, end it! If you start to develop feelings for someone else, end it! There is no excuse for cheating and that is the number one thing I would never ever do.


Number 2: I would never intentionally put someone down.



Back in my high school days I was far from popular. Ok, even that might be a stretch…I was a straight “A” student who spent most of her free time studying and doing extra credit. (You are wondering how I turned out so totally awesome as an adult, right?) I got picked on more than I would like to admit, and you know what? It sucks. It sucks major ass. But you know what I learned from it? I never want to be the reason that someone else feels like they aren’t good enough. I never want to be the reason that someone cries themselves to sleep. And I certainly never want to be the person to cause someone even an ounce of pain and suffering. There are enough bullies out there in the world, I would much rather be someone’s saving grace than their Regina George.


Number 3: I will never turn down a hug from someone I love


My family is a huge fan of hugs and kisses. We were raised to never leave an “I love you” unsaid or a hug un-given, because you never know when it could be your last. To this day I do not hang up the phone with my hubby, one of my parents or a sibling without saying “I love you.” My nieces and nephews are probably so tired of me squeezing them to death every time I see them, and even at their young age I am sure they are aware of how much I love them! No matter how bad things are, no matter how upside-down my day is, I will never ever ever turn down a hug! (Unless you are some creep who I don’t know...Then you’re on your own)


Number 4: I will never turn down a gift, no matter what




Most people love getting gifts—that new mixer you have been eying up for months, that amazing jewelry armoire that is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen, those shoes!!---but the problem that some people have is that they don’t know how to react when they receive a gift that they don’t want. My outlook on getting gifts? It doesn’t matter to me if the gift cost $500 or was found on the side of the road on the way over to my house. The point is that the gift-giver took time out of their day, thought about what I would enjoy, and then gave it to me. I will find a use for every gift that I receive and I will be thankful that someone cared enough about me to get me anything at all.


Number 5: I will never lose touch with my family



I grew up living in the same room as my sisters, which is basically as close as you can get. As we grew older and moved out on our own, we made sure to stay as close as possible. Now that we are all adults, married with babies and houses and jobs, I want to make sure that we never lose the closeness that we have always had. The same goes for my brother and my parents. I have seen firsthand what distance can do to a family bond, and I never want to let that happen with us. I will do everything I can to make sure that when we are old and grey, we can still count on each other. 


I hope everyone had a great weekend! Stop by tomorrow for a tribute to my momma and some things that make me smile! 


Allieology

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment