Saturday, July 5, 2014

Day 5...Super Powers!!

Day 5...Super Powers!!!


Well, we’ve made it 5 days into the 31 days of blogging challenge! Today I am going to share some super powers that I wish I had. As a child everyone wishes they had certain powers—the ability to fly (because really, how cool would that be), X-Ray vision (imagine checking out those presents weeks before Christmas!) and the power of genius (never having to study again---seriously!?). As we get older we realize that, although some of these powers would still be awesome to have, they really wouldn’t make a huge difference in our lives. Ok, so flying would save a ton on gas and I would be a hell of a lot happier if I didn’t have to deal with traffic, but I am just as well off without it. 


# 1: The power of healing


This idea was given to me by my wonderful hubby while sitting in the Taco Bell drive thru. (Yes, I seriously eat it all the time). I was racking my brain trying to pick my number one super power and he said that he would love the ability to heal people. What a wonderful idea!! He said that he would walk through all of the hospitals and heal every patient, then walk down the streets and heal everyone else! A world where there would be no pain or suffering? Bravo hunnie, this is a genius idea and officially tops my list of superpowers that I wish I had!


#2: The power to be in several places at once

 
On a typical day, I spend 8 hours sleeping, 8 hours working and 1 hour commuting back and forth. That leaves me with 7 hours each day to get done the 5 million things I have to do. That also only leaves me with 7 hours each day to spend time with my hubby, my family, my in-laws and my fur-baby. Not to mention the fact that some of our family members live out of state, meaning we get to see them like once a year. Imagine being able to spend time with all of your friends and family, while working, while doing the laundry and cleaning! All of this while you are lounging on the beach and sleeping at the same time! Sounds like a great day to me!


#3: The power to travel back to any given moment in time
  
*I'd go back to this day over and over*


Remember the first time you laid eyes on your hubby? Or how you felt when he got down on one knee and asked you those 4 amazing words? How about that family vacation you took as a little girl? You know, the one where you rode roller coasters all day and ate funnel cake under the stars? Wouldn’t it be amazing if you could revisit that exact moment in time. Imagine getting to experience one of the best days of your life over and over again. Sure we have our memories, but they fade with time, no matter how hard we try to remember. But the ability to actually feel the excitement and butterflies at a moment’s notice---there is nothing that could compare.


#4: The power to get pregnant!



Ok, so to most people, this seems like more of an “Ooops, how did that happen” than a superpower. But for me and the hubs, some sort of superhuman strength may be just what we need!! (If you only knew the laundry list of things that we have already tried). After 39 months, countless Dr’s appointments and pregnancy tests out the ass, super powers may be just the ticket! Picture this---no more waiting around wondering month after month, no more wasted money on ovulation kits and pregnancy tests, no more infertility clinics draining your bank account. Just a snap of the finger or a wink of the eye and BOOM, pregnant! Sounds like a win in my book!! Maybe I should move this to the top of my list……


What are some superpowers that you would love to have?? I’m sure all of my fellow TTC’ers will be on board with #4!! Get ready tomorrow for some things I would NEVER do....

Allieology

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment