Monday, July 7, 2014

Day 7---Things that make me smile

Day 7...Things that make me smile


I am super duper excited that today’s topic falls on July 7th. There are a million things that make me smile, but today’s post is going to be entirely dedicated to the one person who made it possible for me to smile at all. The reason that I am here today, the birthday gal, my momma!!  




My mom is awesome, I’m not gonna lie. Since we were kids, she always taught us to be ourselves, and if other people don’t like it than screw ‘em! Now that I am an adult, I can say that this was some of the best advice I have ever received! In honor of the birthday girl, today I am going to list some things about her that make me smile (I’m dedicating the post to my mom AND sticking with the topic at hand…awesome blogger skills right here..)..Enjoy!


When she laughs really hard she cackles. A normal conversation suddenly turns into fits of laughter when the cackle comes out—it can seriously bring you to tears! Some things that do it every time? The picture of my afro from the other day. A certain picture of my brother in law asleep on the chair. The “old lady picture” from the night of the roommate pictures. 





The older I get, the more I look like her. Since I was a little girl, I have always heard how much I look JUST like my mother! As the years pass, I am starting to see it more and more. Both of my sisters favor the Italian, olive skin of my dad, neither of them resembling her in the slightest!




She has always been open and honest with us. Never did we have to worry about the “awkward sex talk” or the “1st period” conversation—we knew about all that stuff years before it happened. Even to this day, I am able to talk to my mom about anything and everything (and I mean everything) and she will not only listen but offer her opinion and some advice.





She is a worry wart and I get my OCD freak nature from her. To some people this may seem like a bad thing, but I think it is essential! Take for example the night the hubby and I started dating. He picked me up at my house, left his phone charging on the windowsill and off to the beach we went. A few hours later my momma stopped by, saw the random phone charging in the windowsill, my car in the driveway and the dark house. Let’s just say I had 20+ missed calls on my phone in a matter of 5 minutes. Overprotective? Nope! Just concerned and worried and exactly how a mother should be!



She is the reason I am here today! Without her, I wouldn’t even be here today! If that doesn’t warrant a smile than I don’t know what else will!!


Happy birthday momma!!!! I love you to the moon and back!!!!!
 
Tune in tomorrow for some things I do when I'm alone.....and get your mind out of the gutter.....


Allieology

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment