We are officially in the last week of the "Blog Every Day in July"challenge and while it has been a blast, I am sooooo excited that I get to go back to being a lazy ass and only blogging a few times a week!! Thanks to Juliette, Allie & Faith, today you get to learn about what went down back in the greatest year of all. Aside from my birth, here are some happenings from 1985.
1. Madonna's "Like a Virgin" stayed at number 1 for 3 weeks
2. A first class stamp cost 22 cents
3. A gallon of gas cost $1.20. Ridiculousness!!
4. The LA Lakers were NBA champions
5. The plastic thingie that helps pizza not stick to the top of the box was invented
7. The "MOVE" movement happened in Philly....crazyyyy stuff went down...cops bombed a building on a city street...read all about it here.
8. The first ever mobile phone call was made in the UK
9. The wreck of the Titanic was found
10. Mafia boss Paul Castellano is shot by John Gotti
11. The 1st version of Windows, Windows 1.0, is released
12. Ronald Reagan was the President
13. A movie ticket cost $2.75
Now that you know what was going on around the world in 1985, here's what was going on around this part of the woods...TBT at its finest
Me on the left
Me on the right...making the ridiculous face
2nd from the right...look at those dresses!! Easter maybe??
On the right
In the middle....nice face Kise!!
My god those outfits...and I LOVED that one!!