Sunday, February 2, 2014

Winter storm Florida style!

Last week the sky opened up and the ice was falling! Having grown up in Philly, I've seen my share of snow and ice. When I moved to Florida, however, I though I had left all of that behind for sunny skies and warm winters. Well as I'm sure everyone has heard, winter has finally hit the south! I'm talking about bridges being shut down, businesses being closed and streets suddenly becoming ice skating rinks for the neighborhood kids. It was crazy! For me, it was a mix between excitement of finally seeing a true change in the season, and oh my god people down here don't know how to drive and there are going to be a million accidents.There were only a few major accidents to report in my immediate area (luckily!), but there was a train derailment a few miles away that involved a few cars leaking phosphoric acid into the river! The furthest that we ventured was a walk through the woods behind our house to get to the dollar store, and even that felt like a huge undertaking!

I was able to capture a few pictures of the ice around our house, and since I'm sure you haven't already seen four thousand pictures of snow and ice in the blogging world lately , I'll share them with you:

Icicles in Florida!! Never thought I would see the day!




And since we love to torture our dog, here's one of Casper dressed up and ready for the snow!

Tell me that's not the cutest face in the world!?

I know that most of the country is buried under 2 feet of snow and haven't seen their grass in weeks, but for us this was HUGE! Now that the snow and ice have melted away and the sun is shining, I will look forward to our trip up north in a few weeks and hope that there is at least a little of the white stuff hanging around for the kiddos to enjoy!!
 
Hope you all had a fabulous weekend!



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment