For today’s blog post, I have decided to write about the 25 things I would like to accomplish by the time I turn 30. Back in August I turned the ripe old age of 28 (ugh, that’s crazy), so I am not sure how many of these I will actually be able to get to before the big 3-0. I have tweaked my original list somewhat, with a little advice from my hubby, as it originally had me traveling the world for the next 17 months—and that’s just not quite in the budget! Once I post this I will also include it as a new tab along the top of my blog, that way as I accomplish a goal I am able to check it off and track my progress. So here goes…
25 Before 30
- Have a baby…this one trumps all, and if we can accomplish this then the rest will be a piece of cake!
- Go on a picnic…like a real picnic—in the grass on a blanket, wicker basket, sandwiches, the whole nine yards.
- Witness an eclipse…there will be a few lunar & solar eclipses over the next year, so this is very possible!
- Visit Niagara Falls…even living in Philadelphia I never had the chance to make it up there, and I would love to see it
- Serve at a food kitchen...helping others with nothing in return is one of the most amazing feelings
- Spend an entire weekend with no electronics…I feel like this would be so crazy hard and so much fun at the same time!
- Swim with dolphins…this shouldn’t be too hard, considering we live all of 25 minutes from the beach
- Eat at a real hibachi…there is one not too far from us that Steven and I have been talking about going to for a few years
- Take Steven to Disney…he’s never been there before!
- Visit 10 states I haven’t been to…this may prove to be a challenge considering I have driven up and down the entire east coast several times, but we’ll see!
- Visit a spa/Get spa treatment…a couple’s spa day would be best!
- Kiss in the rain…the most romantic, grab-me-by-the-waist movie kiss ever!!
- Be involved in a flash mob…this would be amazing!!!
- Go on at least 2 more cruises…we are planning another one for the end of the year and at least one in 2015!
- Learn to drive stick shift…and by that I mean not stalling out every 10 feet
- Get front row seats to a concert…hopefully Chris Young!!
- Go zip lining…there is a place 10 minutes down the road from our house, I can’t believe we haven’t done it yet!
- Go to a gun range…I have NO clue how to shoot a gun, and I feel like I should have some sort of idea
- Plant a garden…with peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, fresh herbs, etc!
- Read 3 classic novels (Pride & Prejudice, Jane Eyre & Wuthering Heights)
- Visit old plantations…we live in the heart of the South, so a day trip would be possible
- Take a yoga class…and make a complete fool of myself because I am the least flexible person ever
- Sing Karaoke…in front of an entire crowd of people!
- Learn to play a full song on the piano…with both hands, top and bottom
- Complete P90X again…Steven and I did it last year for the 13 weeks, and it was amazing. I would love to do it again!
So there you have it, the list of things that I would love to accomplish over the next 17 months. Some of them may be more difficult than others (seriously, where the hell am I going to find a flash mob down here?) and some of them I have no control over (like my uncooperative uterus or whether or not the eclipse will be visible from my house). But you better believe that I am going to try my hardest to accomplish every last one of these goals! Make sure to keep checking back on the list to see what I have completed so far.
I hope everyone is having a great week so far! You know what day it is…..Humpdayyy!