Monday, February 17, 2014

Where did the weekend go?

It's been a few days since I've been on here, the weekend kind of took over and I haven't stopped moving in days!! Since V-Day was Friday and we both had to work, and since the hubby had to work Saturday morning, we decided to celebrate on Saturday night. Our original plan was to hit up The Melting Pot and then head to the beach, but it didn't work out as planned. The Melting Pot was COMPLETELY booked up all weekend (leave it to me to wait until the last second to try making reservations) and it was a little too chilly for the beach. So instead we headed to TGI Fridays for some dinner and drinks, then rented a hotel for the night and had a mini-getaway. Since I have the best hubs in the world, we had a great time celebrating!

Luckily it was a 3 day weekend--the baskets of clean clothes were starting to take over my bedroom. I know I am not the only one who hates putting clothes away! I have no problem washing and folding the clothes, but the baskets can literally sit there for 2 days a week before I get the motivation to put the clothes away. The idea of laying all the clean clothes out on the bed, putting them all on hangers and trying to shove entirely too many clothes into my closet is such a daunting task. Now all of the clothes are put away and a fresh load waits for me in the dryer. And just as soon as I peel myself away from my comfy bed I will get to it.....

On another note, I got my tattoo!! I actually got it last week, but due to my horrible lack of blogging, I am just mentioning it now. I ended up going for the dream catcher on my rib cage, but I added a little twist by swirling my last name into the feathers. Looks amazing and I would love to share a picture, but due to the gross scabbing and peeling, that will have to wait until next week. And while we are on the topic of my new tattoo, I will also share with everyone that I acted like a big.huge.baby while getting it done. There were words coming out of my mouth that would embarrass even the most seasoned sailor. I even had the poor tattoo artist apologizing for hurting me! You would never know that I had done it ELEVEN times before...let me just say that I am happy I do not have any more room on my rib cages because it was ridiculous. Like, some of the worst pain I've felt in a long time. Luckily the end result came out fabulous, so I am glad I endured the torturous agony discomfort for a few hours.

Now onto what I wore over the weekend. I had all intentions of buying a new dress to wear for our date night, but since it felt like someone was ripping off my ribcage all day on Saturday, I was in no mood to try on new clothes. So instead I opted for some more green and some comfy boots.

Tank, Skinnies, Bracelet & Necklace: Rue 21 (Here, here, here, similar here)
Jacket & Boots: Target
Watch: Gift from hubby (similar here)



FYI--if I ever forget to post a what/where about a certain piece of clothing I am wearing, just assume it's from Rue21. Seriously..they need to have like a frequent shoppers club..because I would be president.

I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment