Monday, February 24, 2014

The Melting Pot date night

A few weeks ago, Steven and I won a $100 gift card to The Melting Pot. We played a radio contest where they asked me 3 questions, then the hubby had to answer the same 3 questions and try to match my answers. Harder than it seems....but in the end, we won the gift card and were so excited about trying it out. Neither of us had ever been there and I heard that it was de-lish! Well everyone was right! The food was so yummy and the experience itself was so different! If you haven't been there, I will give you a little run down, because it's more of an adventure than a normal restaurant. First of all, it was the most romantic private place that I have ever eaten. The whole place is so dark, with just a little light above your table. They put us in this cozy little booth in the corner--the booth was L-shaped so we didn't have to sit across from each other, which was great! We ended up going with the 4 course meal, which is a little pricey but definitely worth it. The first course was cheese fondue served with bread, veggies and apples. The server makes the cheese dip right in front of you so you get to see everything that goes into it--great idea!! Next was the salad, which I originally thought was wayyy to small to be considered a dinner salad, but it was amazing and I was thankful that it didn't fill me up. Next came the main course, which threw me for a loop, if I'm being honest. They bring out a plate of raw meat, and you have to cook it yourself at the table. I got chicken, filet mignon & spinach artichoke ravioli, and the hubby got a plate with a whole bunch of different meats on it. It was all so good!! For dessert they make a chocolate fondue at your table, served with a bunch of fruit and cakes. The whole experience take about 3 hours, if you go with the 4 course meal, and it was so worth every minute. We will definitely be going back again!!

I wanted to share a few pics of the evening with you. Since it was so dark in there, I had to turn the flash on, causing all of the pictures to be super bright and blown out. But it was either that or no pictures, so they will have to do.


The cheese fondue served with veggies, bread and apples. We went with the cheddar cheese which was made with beer and worcestershire sauce, among other things.

The main course, served with like 7 sauces for your dipping pleasure.

The dessert plate consisted of apples, strawberries, brownies, red velvet cake, graham crackers, rice krispy treats and marshmallows.  We went with the smore's fondue and it was amazing!!


I would highly recommend trying out The Melting Pot if you have never been there. Plan on being there for a few hours and spending a pretty penny, but also plan on enjoying yourself thoroughly. It is a great spot for a date night!!

I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend!!






No comments:

Post a Comment