Monday, January 13, 2014

Weekend Shenanigans & What I Wore

Most of the weekend was a wash (literally, because it rained for 80% of it) but when it wasn't raining, I was busy power washing! I power washed the porch, the back patio, the driveway (ok, only half of it..power washing takes a LOOONG time!). I even started on the fence out back, only to realize that it would take me 47 hours to finish the whole thing, and there aren't enough hours in the weekend for that! For what I was able to get done, however, I realized that power washing is awesome. Also, that the outside of my house is filthy!! You really have no idea how dirty your house is until you get out there and use some elbow grease. Don't believe me? Go buy a power washer!! I wanted to make sure I captured a good before and after shot to show just how amazing this thing really is. Disclaimer---the before shot is awful and I had no idea it looked this bad until I took the picture!


I didn't take any pictures of the driveway or fence, but you get the idea. Overall, this purchase was wonderful.

On that subject, another purchase made this weekend was a complete failure. I should let you know that I am a complete sucker when it comes to "As seen on TV" items. Over the years I have acquired quite the collection. (Some of the items---The Orgreenic Pan, The Bump-It, Hot Buns, Slap-Chop, Strap Perfect...you get the idea). My most recent purchase was the "Nightview NV" glasses. They promise to take away any glare from driving at night, make the road clear, blah blah. So I figured, why not? I hate driving at night. And let's face it, who wouldn't want to wear a pair of yellow aviators after the sun goes down? Well before you waste your gas money driving to the store, I'll just let you know that they don't work. They.Do.Nothing. Luckily the good old Dollar General was willing to take them back--no harm done. I've included a picture of the glasses below so that when you are browsing buying everything from the "As Seen on TV" section of Walgreens (I know I'm not the only one who does that), you can just keep on perusing:




Last but not least, I will add a little bit of What I Wore over the weekend. Since the weather was anything but enjoyable, I stayed in my PJ's for a good portion of the time, but I was able to squeeze in one good outfit.



 Shirt: Target (Here), Tank: Old Navy , Pants: Rue 21 (Here)
Shoes:Walmart (Here), Jacket:Target (Similar Here)
Necklace:Charlotte Russe (Similar Here), Bracelets: Rue 21
Earrings: Rue 21


I hope everyone had a great weekend!!




2 comments:

  1. You are absolutely adorable girl! Loving your style :)
    xo TJ

    http://www.hislittlelady.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) Your blog is adorable too!!!!
      Brianna

      Delete