Friday, January 17, 2014

New blogger worries & What I Wore to Work

Being new to the blogging world, I am still not 100% sure of how everything works. For the most part, I get the basics---I read people's blogs that I enjoy, I follow them so they come up on my feed, and I leave comments because I really enjoy finally being a part of the "blogging community." I love thinking of something during the day and getting really excited to blog about it that night, and I love all of the new ideas that I have found. Now comes the part where I am not 100% sure I am doing everything right. In the past few weeks, I have had over 900 page views---which is FAR more than I thought I would have by now---so thank you to everyone who is reading along!! It means SO MUCH that people take time out of their days to hear me ramble on about my outfits or my dirty sidewalk (see previous post). So my question to all of you seasoned bloggers out there---how the heck do you get followers?!? I see some bloggers out there with thousands and thousands of followers. Obviously I realize that I am BRAND new to blogging, and I have only written like 10 posts, but with all of the page views and only 2 followers, I am beginning to think that either I did something wrong in setting up the "Follow Me" button, or I am a terrible writer and my blog sucks.  (Thank you to Christa @ www.foreveryoungtheblog.com for following along!! And thank you to my momma who was my very 1st follower!!). If anyone has any advice on how to spice up the blog and attract new followers--please share!! I would love any suggestions!! And if I did somehow set something up incorrectly (which is entirely possibly since I set up most of the blog from my phone), then any help in that department would be greatly appreciated!!!


Now on to a little outfit fun...On a normal weekday, I leave myself about 20 minutes in the morning to get up, get dressed, do my hair and makeup, and get out the door. Since I had a morning meeting one day this week, I got up extra early and even had time to take a few What I Wore to Work pictures.



Pants: Women's Tuxedo Pants (Similar Here)
Shoes: Target (Similar Here)
Necklace: (Similar Here)
Earrings: My sister's wedding


I hope everyone has a great weekend!!! I'm off to the backyard to enjoy the fire pit!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment