Sunday, January 26, 2014

Snow in Florida!?!

Yes, it was actually snowing here the other day!!!! All you hear about it global warming, but it feels more like global freezing here in the Sunshine State! There wasn't enough snow to actually stick to the ground (and it quickly warmed up to 60 degrees the next day) but I figured it was still blog-worthy information!

Another low key weekend here at the house, the sickness has run its course and we are FINALLY feeling better! And despite my shopping diet until our trip, I was still able to squeeze in a trip to Burlington for a new blazer. While on the topic of Burlington, let's talk about some of the clothes that I saw while perusing through the racks, shall we? Between the itty-bitty cropped tops and the dresses that show way more va-jay than I would like to see, I have come to the conclusion that older I get, the skankier the clothes become. Take the following dresses for example:

If I can tell the color and type of underwear that you are wearing, the dress is too short
 

This was categorized as a "prom" dress. I know that I when to prom quite a few years ago, and styles change all the time, but I feel like there's about 12 yards of material missing from this dress. Who's with me?

Call me old fashioned, but I like to keep some things to the imagination. And I also enjoy sitting down without fear of the dreaded peek-a-boo. 

Aside from our quick trip to Burlington, which wasn't actually quick because we were there for 2 hours, we made a pit stop at Toys R Us for the nephews and then headed home for some quiet time around the fire pit. This morning we went to the in-laws for a DELICIOUS breakfast---biscuits & gravy, eggs, hash browns & sausage--and if the sun ever decides to show its beautiful face, we will be washing the cars and the puppy this afternoon. 

Here's a little peek at what I wore for yesterday's outing. Since it was a lazy day, the hair went up, the "Hot Buns" went in and the and the flats came out.



Tank: WalMart
Shoes: Body Central (Found here) 
Jeans: Delia's
Necklace & Earrings: Body Central 
Shirt: Sister

I hope you are all having a fabulous weekend. Tomorrow I am going to be posting some delectable banana caramel decadence cupcakes that I baked last night! De-Lish!!








No comments:

Post a Comment