Friday, January 10, 2014

Random facts about me

Happy Friday night!!!! While browsing through some blogs today, I stumbled upon a few posts telling secrets and little known facts about themselves. So I decided to sit down, make myself a delicious strawberry-banana daiquiri and give you a little insight into my world...here's 10 random facts....feel free to judge if you must...



1. I am a total book nerd. For as long as I can remember I would look forward to trips to the library so I could take out endless books and devour them as soon as I got home. Favorite authors--Nicholas Sparks, Jodie Picoult & Emily Giffin.

2. I absolutely positively hate confrontation. I will go out of my way to please people just to avoid any sort of argument or disagreement. Don't get me wrong--I will stand up for what I believe in and I will do what I have to in order to protect the people I love, but 9 times out of 10, I am the biggest pushover.

3. Lightning scares me to death. Growing up in Philly, it never bothered me. I would sit out on the porch and watch the storm in the distance. Once I moved to Florida, it was like a different world. Lightning storms down here are the scariest thing you will ever experience. True story--while driving down the Interstate in a monsoon (which is basically what every storm turns into down here), lightning struck the ground less than 10 feet from me. The car shook, the ground cracked--it was horrifying. Now I stay inside during storms.

4. I have had recurring tornado dreams for the past 15 years. They seem to get worse and more frequent when I am stressed out or upset over something, but they can strike at any time. I can always see the tornado in the distance, racing towards me, and I am scrambling to get my entire family together so that we can take cover. The strangest thing of all? I found out that my momma has them all the time too!

5. You can read the story of how Steven and I met and started dating here. But what I didn't tell you is that when we met, we were both in long term relationships with other people. The first year of our friendship, the 4 of us actually hung out together! Luckily, we both realized that we were meant for eachother, and the rest is history!

6. Steven and I have been trying to have a baby for almost 3 years. When we first started trying we assumed we would be pregnant within a few months and working on baby # 2 by now. My original idea for this blog was a place to vent about our infertility issues and get support from other people going through the same thing. But then I decided that it would be a much happier and funnier blog doing it this way instead.

7. As I kid, my dream jobs were as follows: a nun, a model and an actress. Let's take a look into this: A nun--as a little girl in church, it was my goal to be the loudest singer in the entire place. I would sit in the front row every week reciting the entire service right along with the priest. A model--This was a short lived dream. When I was in the 3rd grade, one of my friends (one of my taller, prettier friends, no less) told me that I wasn't pretty enough or tall enough to be a model. Dream=shattered. An actress--I always thought it would be fun to live in Hollywood and be rich and famous. Then I heard about the paparazzi & the crazy things they do, and that idea went out the window.

8. A few years ago while reading an article online, I read a story about a little 5 year old girl in Delaware who needed a kidney transplant. She had been on dialysis her entire life and she only had one working kidney. I immediately contacted the hospital to put myself on the transplant list. After weeks of consultations and testing, I found out that I was not a perfect match and therefore I wasn't eligible to be a donor. The best news of the whole story is that a year later, she found a donor and the transplant was successful. I still keep in contact with her family and she is doing great!

9. I have collected Barbies my entire life. I have dolls, ornaments, books, etc. This year for Christmas my hubby got me the new Holiday Barbie ornament and it is lovely! :)

10. I am completely OCD. I have to plan everything---when we go on vacation, I pack 3 days in advance. I make a list of everything that I need to grab before we leave (toothbrushes, phone chargers, camera) and I won't leave the house until everything on the list is checked off. My OCD-ness carries over into my organization and tidiness. The biggest 'quirk,' as the hubby calls it, is my pantry. I am the only one who can put the groceries away in the pantry and everything has its place. And most of all, NO nutrition facts can be showing. That drives me CRAZY!! I will spend an hour pulling everything out and putting it all back in, just to make sure it looks perfect.

So there it is. If you made it through the whole list, congrats! Thank you Allie @ Between Dreams for the idea. Feel free to share any quirks or facts about yourself in the comments.

Now I'm off to finish my daiquiri. Have a great night!!


4 comments:

  1. Love that you whipped together this list! (And most of all, I thoroughly enjoyed reading it!)
    Totally blown away by your generosity towards that little girl, even though you didn't end up being a match, I can't even imagine how grateful her family is for you and everything you did. You will make a beautiful mama one day xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have loved to be a match, but I am just so happy that it worked out for her in the end!! Thank you :)

      Delete
  2. I also hate confrontation. Totally get that! I have two friends who are dealing with infirtility, as well. I wish you guys success and patience and love and support in the mean time :)

    www.highheelstosneakers.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When it comes to confrontation I feel like its so much easier to let it go and move on..less stress that way :) And thank you for the well wishes--It means so much!!

      Brianna

      Delete