Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Today is about hope

Today is About Hope


Today is April 22nd, 2014. 

Today is day 3 of NAIW, or National Infertility Awareness Week. 

Today is day 1,109 since we decided to grow our family from 2 to 3.

Today, we are 1 in 8.


 As I read through this week's blog, I am filled with so many emotions. I feel comforted in knowing that there are so many couples out there just like us. I feel heartache for the couples who have been on this journey for twice as long as we have. I feel hopeful as I browse through IG and see the success stories scattered throughout the sea of infertiles. Today is not a day for emotions, though. Today is a day for hope. 

*Today, as we are 8 days from our 1st appointment with the RE, I am hopeful that he will be able to help. 
*Today, I am hopeful that this is our month.
*Today, as I read through countless posts about the struggles of others, I am hopeful that we will be able to spread the word.
*Today, as the months tick by, I am hopeful that 2015 will be our year.
*Today, I am hopeful that the hole in my heart will become just a little bit smaller as I connect with others who are enduring the same daily pain.
 *Today, if only for a day, I will focus on the amazing gifts in my life--My perfect, loving & supportive husband. Our wonderful family who will be by our side always. My fur baby, who, no matter what happens in life, will be there to greet me with kisses and snuggles. Today, I will not be sad. Today, I have hope.

Infertility affects more than just 1 in 8. Infertility affects our families, who have to witness every tear we cry, knowing that there is nothing that can heal the pain. Infertility affects our friends, who begin to feel guilty about getting pregnant and growing their families. Infertility affects the pregnant women who receive the envious, longing stares as we pass them in the mall. Infertility is a private disease. It is a silent disease. It is an all-encompassing disease that takes over your every thought. Today, I am hopeful  that we can change all of that. Today, I resolve to spread the word.
 


post signature

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your story, and linking up. We are a loving, supportive community. Sad you're having to deal with this, but glad we can connect and conquer the stigma surrounding it together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I am so glad that I found everyone's posts today, it was so comforting!

      Delete
  2. I wish I could be as hopeful. I wish you the best of luck in your journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe me..90% of the time I am far from hopeful!! And I have twice as many bad days as good days. But now that we have decided to see an RE and move forward, I have a new found hope that something will work! Good luck in your journey, we are all fighting right along with you.

      Brianna

      Delete
  3. Today I am so hopeful for you and I am sending prayers that this is your year!

    Tori
    FashionBlingGirlyThings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you darling!!!! I am so hopeful that this is our year!!!!!!!!

      Brianna

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much for speaking out, and wishing you the best on your journey to Baby Three!

    ReplyDelete