Thursday, April 10, 2014

Beauty Roundup

Beauty Roundup

Sometimes I wish that I were a guy. Ok, weird way to start a post, right? But seriously, let's compare for a moment. My hubby gets out of the shower, dries off, brushes his teeth and gets dressed. He throws on some deodorant and cologne and he can be out the door in 5 minutes. FIVE MINUTES. 5 minutes after my shower I am still dripping wet with a q-tip hanging out of my ear. While standing in my towel, I proceed to brush my teeth, apply lotion to every square inch of my body and coat my lips with Vaseline. (I am a FREAK about chapped lips!) Hair towel comes off, and I frantically shake my head back and forth shooting a spray of water from my hair onto everything in the bathroom, then brush out the soaking mess. Out comes the blow-dryer, which in and of itself takes 15 minutes. At this point my hubby usually pokes his head in to see how far along I am, and after realizing my lack of progress, heads back into the living room and settles in his chair. Next comes the straightener and makeup, which I have learned to complete simultaneously in an effort to save some time. Picking an outfit and jewelry is a whole other project, and as I emerge from the bathroom after an hour, I silently curse men for being so damn lucky.

Now that you know how my daily beauty routine goes, I figured I would share with you some of my favorite cosmetic items. Most of these items get used on a daily basis and they are wonderful! All opinions/reviews are my own and I have not been compensated. Enjoy!


 L'Oreal Advance Haircare Total Repair 5


 I am loving the new line of L'Oreal ---. There are a few different types available (Volume, Strength, Moisture, etc) but I am using the Triple Repair 5. The shampoo and conditioner smell amazing and make your hair super soft. Topped off with the Damage Erasing Balm every other day and the combo is wonderful. The best part? You only need to use a teeny tiny bit of the balm, so one container will last you like 10 months--seriously. It is supposed to erase like 10 years of damage in a few uses--whether or not it does that I can't really say, but it is up there on the top of my list! 


Deep Sea Cosmetics 


Last year for Christmas my hubby went out on a limb and got me a gift that I hadn't asked for. You know those pushy annoying sales people at the mall who want you to try the lotion and nail file? Well, they suckered Steven in and I am SO glad they did! The gift basket ended up being one of my favorite gifts!! First of all, the salt scrub is incredible! No exaggeration--it makes your hands smoother than a baby's ass..like 10 times smoother. The lotion smells heavenly and the body cream smells even better. The nail buffer and cuticle oil last forever, and they make so much of a difference! The whole set was a little pricey at $100+, but I have had it for 16 months and I am nowhere close to out. Next time you get chased down in the mall--STOP and use it!! 


 Chanel Skin Perfecting Makeup

 

Ok, so I know I just posted about this last week, but I am IN LOVE with my new foundation. My skin is as smooth as butter, and that annoying red blemish on my cheek is completely covered. It stays put all day and it doesn't feel cakey like some other foundations. Like the lotion/salt scrub listed above, the price tag is a little high--$45 for a tiny bottle (1 oz maybe?), but it is worth every penny so far!! 


Revlon Just Bitten Lip Stain


I am a huge fan of fun colors on my lips--red, pink, rose--and the brighter the better. What I am not a huge fan of is the weird lipstick ring I get after 5 or 6 hours of applying. Solution? Lip stain! It comes in a long stick that resembles a magic marker, doesn't rub off on anything, and lasts ALL DAY. On the other end of the stick there is a balm that seals in the color. I also have the Just Bitten "Kissable" line, which has much more vibrant colors but rubs off onto everything like a regular lipstick. I've purchased my share of lip stains and these are my favorite so far! 


Caress Burnt Brown Sugar & Kerite Butter Body Wash 


I buy this 100% for the smell. Sure, it cleans your body and has those little gritty crystals that scrub the crap out of your skin. But this makes its way into my shower on a pretty regular basis solely for the smell. It smells like a cross between cupcakes baking in the oven and pure brown sugar. It is incredible, and to top it off, the smell lingers on your skin for quite some time after the shower. I'm not going to lie, I've actually caught myself sniffing my arm an hour after showering. It's that good. 

So now that I have shared my opinions & reviews with you, I urge everyone to jump in their car and drive to the store. Annndd if you could leave any personal reviews that I should try, that would be awesome too!! I hope everyone is having a wonderful week!! 

((All views and opinions are my own and I have not been compensated)) 



4 comments:

  1. I am so with you--guys have it SO easy when it comes to getting ready! I will be all ready for the day and then my hubs will be like wanna go to the gym? I am like hell no then I will have to shower and get ready again--and hes like doesn't get why I don't want to get ready twice in one day! ha! Because it takes alot of time :)

    Tori
    FashionBlingGirlyThings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh I hate getting ready more than once!!!!! It is bad enough going through it once every 24 hours, twice is just too much!!!

      Brianna

      Delete
  2. I want to be a guy so I don't have to go to the gynecologist... the whole getting ready in 5 min would be awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I am right there with you!!!! Nobody else should be all up in my business!!!!!

      Brianna

      Delete