Saturday, April 5, 2014

Make-up Dilemma

Ok, so when it comes to foundation/concealer, I've always been kind of a no-frills gal. I've used the same foundation and mineral powder for like 10 years now, and I usually don't stray from it (and when I say usually, I mean that I have never strayed from it..) Anyway, whilst perusing through one of my magazine subscriptions this week (for whatever reason I get like 10 magazine subscriptions, none of which I pay for... Not quite sure how that is working out???) I stumbled upon a new foundation. It was a simple little black package--a sample of Chanel's "Vitalumiere Aqua Skin Perfecting Sunscreen Makeup." For shits and giggles I decided to try it out. OHMYGOD. It is like heaven in a little plastic wrapper. Mind you, the shade is like 3 times as dark as the rest of my skin, and I slightly resemble an oompa-loompa, but aside from that, it is amazing. Literally, the best thing I have ever put on my face. It is so smooth, so light, and my face may or may not look like a porcelain doll. Even my husband said it looks great! And it has sunscreen to boot, which in itself is a huge perk. Here is the wonderous beauty that i am referring to:


Found  HERE @ Chanel.com


So here is my dilemma..

For the past umpteen years, I have never spent more than $8 on a bottle of foundation. It's cheap, it does the job, and it lasts forever. This beauty, on the other hand, costs $45 a bottle. I know, I know..I spend more than that in like 5 minutes at Rue 21, and this will last me months. But I feel like it will take some serious self-convincing to drop $45 on one bottle of makeup!  So I need help from all of you beauty experts out there. Is it OMG 100% well worth it? Or am I going to leave the store with super shopper's remorse and cry into my old bottle of $8 concealer? Tips? Suggestions?

I hope everyone had a fabulous week!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment