Friday, April 4, 2014

Return of the brunette

In the past, I used to dye my hair a new color like once a month. There was a period where I went from blonde to brown to black within 8 weeks. Honestly, I don't know how I have any hair left at all. Over the past 8 months or so, however, I have become very fond of the light blonde. Every root touch up brought me lighter and lighter and I loved it. I did not, however, love my dark roots. If you look at my eyebrows you can see that my hair is a shade somewhere in between light and dark brown, so every 4 weeks my roots were unbearable. Instead of going back to the salon yet again, or risking my hair turning yellow from  a box of blonde hair dye, I decided to just screw it and go back to brown. I'm sure I will change it another 20 times before the end of the year, but for now I am really loving the new shade! Its kind of a chestnut chocolate brown, and it not only blends much better with my eyebrows, but my atrocious roots are gone!

Ladies and gents, I introduce you to the brown hair:



This picture also features the most amazing, beautiful make-up that has ever existed...stay tuned for tomorrow's post to learn more!


It feels so good to be back to a brunette again!! Now I just need a tan and I am ready for summer! And considering we are in for a weekend of thunderstorms, I may install some UV light sin my living room to take care of that!

Have a great weekend!!!!



4 comments:

  1. I love it! I'm a hair color chameleon too. I'm finally back to closer to my natural shade--you're right, the upkeep on those different colors is SO hard to maintain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank youuuu!! I know-I love the blonde so much but it is so much easier to just stay brown!!!

      Delete
  2. You hair looks fabulous this shade!! I also cannot wait until my skin is sun kissed haha!
    www.amemoryofus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lady!!! And I am counting down the hours until beach time!!

      Brianna

      Delete