Thursday, March 20, 2014

Vacation realities...




Did you ever notice how a vacation can completely screw up your schedule? For example--The hubby and I started P90X back in December of 2012. It is an intense 13 week workout program which makes you want to die, every single day. You should really try it. Anyway, you workout 6 days a week with 1 day of rest in between. We were doing amazing with the routine, only missing 1 or 2 days due to being lazy sick. At the end of February we went away to Pigeon Forge, and our original plan was to bring P90X with us and workout while there. The yoga mats were packed into the trunk and the DVD was tucked securely into my suitcase--where it stayed for the entire duration of the trip. I just couldn't bring myself to devote 90 minutes a day, while on vacation,  to working out. Especially when I could be sitting in "hot tub Johnny" (which is the name that my nephew gave to the hot tub) or driving around downtown Pigeon Forge instead. Needless to say, after arriving home from our trip I had zero desire to pick the routine back up, and after 10 weeks we threw in the towel. The point of this story? While my trip to Philly was amazing, a case of the vacation laziness has struck again. I have literally only written 2 posts since I have been back, and I am very disappointed in myself!! I haven't taken a WIW outfit picture in almost 3 weeks--hello? terrible fashion blogger, right here. I have heard that the first step to recovery is admitting your problem. So I admit--I have severely neglected the beautiful world of blogging and I am providing a formal apology. Now that I'm done being lazy and work has FINALLY calmed down (seriously--this last 9 days have kicked my ass!) I am back for good. I think I may even post TWICE today..you heard that right...twice.

 
Lessons learned:
  • P90X is terrible and amazing at the same time. It makes you hate your life. And it makes your arms look like a bodybuilder's. Double score
  • My nephew is officially one of the coolest kids around--Hot Tub Johnny? Adorable
  • Vacation is both a necessary escape and the root of all evil
  • I am too easily sidetracked

I hope everyone is having a wonderful week! Happy Spring!!!!!!




2 comments: