Thursday, October 2, 2014

Guest Post for Tori

Guest Post for Tori @ Fashion Bling & Other Girly Things

Well hello there ladies! This week I had the honor of guest posting for the fabulous Tori over @ "Fashion Bling & Other Girly Things." Tori has an amazing sense of style and just so happens to be my long lost soul sister. Make sure you head over to her page ASAP to check her out..you will be glad you did!!



Today I am going to share a few of my secret beauty tips with you. Some of them are pretty obvious and you may already be doing them, but hopefully I can give everyone a few helpful hints!

Vaseline--This probably has endless uses, but here are a few that I live by:
Use Vaseline in place of chapstick. It lasts longer and provides a much better coat on your lips.
When dying your hair, spread Vaseline on your ears and along your hairline. This will prevent any dye from staining your skin.
Stubborn pimple that you have popped and now won't stop bleeding? Smear some Vaseline on that baby and it will stop bleeding twice as fast!
Dab a little bit on your wrists and neck before applying perfume, and the scent will last so much longer!!

 



Bobby Pins--Want cute polka dots in your nail polish but don't want to spend money on all of those fancy paint markers or thin brushes? Pour a little bit of nail polish on a plate and dip the rounded edge of the bobby pin into the paint. An easy (and cheap) way to spice up your nails!



Coconut oil--I'm sure most of you have heard of the coconut oil hair mask, but if you haven't, I'm here to tell you about it. You can find a jar of coconut oil at any grocery store (it will be in the baking aisle next to the olive oil). Apply a generous amount to dry hair (when I say generous, I mean that my hair looked like a mess of grease and oil by the time I was done applying). Once coated, place a shower cap (or in my case a plastic Wal-Mart bag) over your head for an hour. I had to shampoo twice to remove the oily residue but OMG what a difference. My hair was so smooth and shiny for DAYS after I was done...trust me ladies, it's worth the $7.00.

This is the brand that I use and it is fabulous!!


French Braids--My hair is straight. Like, won't hold a curl for anything, thin and limp and as poker straight as it comes. You can imagine how frustrating it can be when I want to try something different. Well, the one thing that works for me 100% of the time is french braiding my hair at night, after my shower, and sleeping with it in. By the next morning I have a head full of curls that last all day. Best solution ever to straight hair.


Nail Polish--Sure, nail polish is a fun way to spice up an outfit or show your personality. But did you know that you can also stop a run in your stockings with a bottle of clear nail polish? How about when that ring keeps turning your finger green? Betcha didn't know that you could slap some clear nail polish on it and Voila! No more green! Last, but certainly not least, ever think about painting the soles of your shoes with colored nail polish? I may or may not have a pair of black pumps with neon pink heels, courtesy of my favorite polish color.


I hope that by passing along some of my secret beauty tips today I have helped at least one of you out of a sticky situation. And thank you again to Tori for allowing me this AWESOME opportunity!!! I hope you take a minute to stop by her page! :)


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment