Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Confession....I am a binge watcher...

Confession....I am a binge watcher...

Before the discovery of Netflix, the hubs and I would alternate between HGTV and Friends, depending on what time it was. Of course we had our once-a-week shows (TWD, SoA) that we would never miss, but we were never huge into following a series. All of that changed when we decided to sign up for Netflix. What started out as a free trial to catch up on Seasons 1 & 2 of TWD has turned into a nightly obsession. Seriously guys, it has become an all out binge fest at our crib. In the past 4 months we have blown through 4 seasons of TWD, 8 seasons of Dexter, 6 seasons of SoA and are halfway through our second season of American Horror Story. (#hashtagaddicted)

This brings me to my dilemma. There are only 2 seasons of American Horror Story on Netflix, which means we are about 3 days from running out of things to watch. Of course we could scroll endlessly through the ridiculous movies that no one has ever heard of (The Beast with a Million Eyes, The Incredible Two Headed Transplant....seriously Netflix?? ), but that has proven to be unsuccessful in the past. Soooo...to all of my fellow binge watchers---What the hell do we do now!?! We are in desperate need of a new show...and quick. People keep talking about OITNB & Game of Thrones, but I am on the fence about them. As evidenced by the last 4 series' that we have watched, there is not much that offends us. Blood, violence, nudity, zombies eating the faces off of unsuspecting humans. You name it we've seen it. Pleaseohpleaseohplease tell me what to watch next, otherwise my hubs will be stuck watching another "Open Water" type movie with me, and we know how much he hates that!

In return for all of your suggestions, I am going to share a quick synopsis of the 4 shows we have watched as of late. I don't want to give away too many spoilers so I will keep it short but ohmygod you have to watch these shows.


TWD (The Walking Dead)

If I had to sum the show up in one line: A group of people living in a post-apocalyptic world, surrounded by zombies, struggle to make it from one day to the next. Seriously, I would make the worst movie critic ever. Throw in Darryl (a bow-and-arrow-welding fox of a man) Rick, (a police officer turned group leader) and Michonne (a bad ass broad with a sword) and you have yourself one of the best shows ever. Trust me, I have zero interest in zombies and was hooked by the 1st episode.


SoA (Sons of Anarchy)

Let's see, one line to sum this one up: Can I just say Jax Teller? No, I guess not...How about this? An outlaw motorcycle gang (who also run a garage, by the way) living in a quiet little town attempt to protect their families, all while taking out the trash and keeping the peace with the cops. There is lots of death, even more sex, and did I mention Jax Teller? (which, let's face it, is the real reason why we sit down week after week, isn't it ladies?)

Dexter

Quiet and mysterious, Dexter is a blood spatter analyst for the Miami Metro Police Department who moonlights as a serial killer. The only difference is that Dexter only kills murderers. Each season on Dexter features a new killer and a new set of problems, (will the PD find out who he really is? Will his sister Deb find out? How about Rita?) and I can promise that it will keep you on the edge of your seat for 8 seasons. And the ending was CRAZZZZYY. See, now you have to watch it to find out what happens!

American Horror Story

We are only halfway into the 2nd season on this so I can't really give you too much info. What I can say is that this show is insane and freaky and completely different than anything I have ever watched before. Sure, it has the violence and sex (which apparently is a requirement for all shows that I watch?) but it also has a crazy story line that jumps from the past to the present. Each season is completely different than the last, introducing new characters and a whole new storyline. Not a bad show to pass the time until we find another one.

So there you have it, 4 shows that should keep you busy for the next few months. Now its your turn--what should we watch next?!?!



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment