Monday, September 29, 2014

2 years ago, my life changed forever

2 years ago, my life changed forever


It has been two years since my life was changed forever. 730 days since my best friend became my husband. 17,531 hours since I uttered those 2 words that would forever connect me with another person. "I Do." Today the hubs and I celebrate 2 years of marriage. 2 YEARS!!! I can't believe how fast these last 2 years flew by and how amazing they have been! We have accomplished so much and yet we still have our whole lives ahead of us. What could be more amazing than that?

There are a few ways to handle our anniversary in blog land. I could tell you the story of how we met, how the sparks flew and the journey unfolded, but you can read that here. I could also tell you all about the proposal and how amazingly perfect it was, but that moment will forever be between me and the hubs. I could tell you all about the wedding: the dress, the details and everything in between. But I won't. Instead I am going to list just a few of the reasons that I love him more than anything else in the world.


The way he stands 6 inches from the TV when the Lakers are playing

When he calls me "Love"

That he not only accepts my crazy OCD tendencies, but he goes along with them

The way he puts my feelings first, before anything else

How he loves me just as much in front of others as when we are alone

Now matter how much he hates it, he will always drive slower when I am in the car

For as many complaints as he has about my purple fleece blanket, he continues to put up with it night after night..just for me

No matter how insane of an idea I come up with, he will go along with it

The way he knows me better than anyone else, and has no problem calling me out when need be

The way that no matter where we are, I feel safer knowing that he is there

He has an endless supply of quarters for me and my vending machine addiction

The fact that he switched sides of the bed for me when we first met

His hugs and kisses always come when I need them the most

He will always have a center console full of receipts to wipe your face after you throw up

And the biggest reason of all?? He loves me for me. He loves my crazy colorful wardrobe and my obsession with Jeopardy. He loves the fact that I suck at sports and rock at board games. With every new tattoo or different hair color, he only loves me more. And for that, I am the luckiest person in the world.

Happy Anniversary Swick. I love you more than you will ever know <3



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment