From Scratch Creamy Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
First of all, let's talk about the fact that it's Friday! To top it off, it is 3-day Friday, and let's face it, it doesn't get much better than that. In honor of this wonderful 3 day weekend, I decided that I would let you in on a top secret recipe for the most amazing homemade scalloped potatoes ever. Seriously guys, these potatoes are like crack in the form of food. They are creamy and cheesy and my hubs is in love with them (and I can pretty much bet yours will be too)!
Side note---these potatoes take about 90 minutes to cook so make sure you have plenty of time!! They are definitely worth it so don't let the time scare you away! Another side note is that we bought the BIGGEST potatoes known to mankind, so that is why I only used 2 for the recipe...seriously, they were as big as my head.
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 1 hour 30 mins
4-5 Russet potatoes
1 cup milk
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup (or so) or Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 stick of butter
1 tsp Crushed red pepper
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1. Preheat oven to 400º
2. In a saucepan, melt butter with garlic & crushed red pepper on low.
4. Add milk & Worcestershire sauce to melted butter & cook for about 5 minutes (be careful not to scald the milk)
5. Add 2 cups of shredded cheese to butter/milk mixture and cook until thick, about 5 minutes
6. Place sliced potatoes in casserole dish & pour liquid mixture over, making sure to fully coat potatoes
7. Cover with foil and bake for 90 minutes, removing foil for last 10 minutes.
OMG my mouth is watering just thinking about it!!! And just to prove how big the potatoes really were, I took a picture...did you expect anything less?
I hope everyone has a GREAT three day weekend!!!