Thursday, September 25, 2014

Not your momma's meatloaf...easy peasy

Not your momma's meatloaf...easy peasy

o.m.g....my mouth is watering

Growing up we ate meatloaf every so often--maybe twice a month or so. My favorite thing to do was to mix together everything on my plate into one big pile of mush, then eat it all blended together. (Sounds delicious, right?) I think it was something about the combination of flavors all hitting me at the exact same time, and I think that is the inspiration for so many of my recipes. I absolutely hate bland food and I season EVERYTHING that I cook. I want you to be able to taste every seasoning and flavor I put into my food, and there is no difference when it comes to my meat loaf.

Most meat loafs have a few things in common: They are dry, crumbly and have very little flavor. Literally, a loaf of meat. Well ladies, I am going to share my very own meat loaf recipe with you today that is none of the above and will be SURE to please. I'm telling you, this recipe is literally melt in your mouth juicy and flavorful like you would not believe. And I came across it the best way possible---I made it up! Hope you enjoy!

P.S.---I am terrible at amounts and I usually just guess how much I'm putting in, so feel free to tweak to your own liking!

*Not Your Momma's Meatloaf Recipe*
Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes

Ingredients: 
1 pound ground meat
1 egg
1/4 c breadcrumbs (give or take)
2 Tbsp Ketchup
2 Tbsp BBQ Sauce
2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
2 Tbsp Dale's Liquid Marinade (usually used for steaks--but GREAT in burgers and meat loaf)
2 Tbsp A-1 Steak Sauce
1/2 c light brown sugar
Garlic powder, salt & pepper to taste

1. Preheat oven to 375ยบ
2. Combine ground meat, egg & breadcrumbs in a large bowl.
3. Combine Ketchup, BBQ Sauce, Soy Sauce, Dale's & A-1 & brown sugar in a separate bowl.
4. Add HALF of the liquid mixture to the meat/breadcrumb/egg mixture & knead together.
5. Add salt, pepper & garlic powder (maybe 1/2 tsp of each) for flavor.
6. Form all ingredients into a loaf.
7. Using a basting brush (or your hands) coat the top and sides of the loaf with the liquid/brown sugar mix. Make sure to cover as much of the loaf as you can--the more liquid the better the flavor!
8. Cover and bake for 20 minutes, then remove the foil and bake for an additional 20 minutes.

(**Another twist on this recipe is to cover the entire loaf with bacon prior to adding the liquid coating...the flavor of the bacon gets trapped inside the meat and is oh-so-delicious**)

So there you have it, the most amazing delicious meat loaf in the world. Seriously, even if you hate meatloaf, try this...you won't be disappointed.



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment