Monday, June 16, 2014

Family Ties


Family Ties


If you have noticed the lack of posting recently, I promise that there is a reason. Last Thursday morning my mother-in-law was rushed to the hospital. Without delving too much into the personal details, it was one of the scariest experiences of my life. The past 12 days have been filled with fear, hope and most of all extraordinary love. With every passing day she has grown stronger, and I know that this will continue until she can finally come home. We have witnessed a quicker and more amazing recovery than we could have ever imagined, and I have watched in awe as she has overcome hurdle after hurdle. My mother-in-law is a fighter, and she has proven her strength to us time and time again in the last week. She is fighting for my father-in-law, her 6 amazing children and her 5 grand babies, all of whom she would do anything for.

The road to recovery will be long, and it will be far from easy. One thing I know for certain--she will keep on fighting. As for me? I'll be standing on the sidelines, with the rest of the family, cheering her on the whole time.

A message to the nurses and doctors: 
Although you will not read this post, and your lives will continue on as they were before, there is something that I would like to say to you. Because of your dedication, my husband was laughing with his momma yesterday. Because of your persistence, my father-in-law was holding the hand of his high school sweetheart this morning. And because of your selfless compassion, you brought hope to a family when we needed it most. For that, I am forever grateful. 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment