Wednesday, February 5, 2014

25 before 30...mini bucket list

For today’s blog post, I have decided to write about the 25 things I would like to accomplish by the time I turn 30. Back in August I turned the ripe old age of 28 (ugh, that’s crazy), so I am not sure how many of these I will actually be able to get to before the big 3-0. I have tweaked my original list somewhat, with a little advice from my hubby, as it originally had me traveling the world for the next 17 months—and that’s just not quite in the budget! Once I post this I will also include it as a new tab along the top of my blog, that way as I accomplish a goal I am able to check it off and track my progress. So here goes…



25 Before 30

  1. Have a baby…this one trumps all, and if we can accomplish this then the rest will be a piece of cake!
  2. Go on a picnic…like a real picnic—in the grass on a blanket, wicker basket, sandwiches, the whole nine yards.
  3. Witness an eclipse…there will be a few lunar & solar eclipses over the next year, so this is very possible!
  4. Visit Niagara Falls…even living in Philadelphia I never had the chance to make it up there, and I would love to see it
  5. Serve at a food kitchen...helping others with nothing in return is one of the most amazing feelings
  6. Spend an entire weekend with no electronics…I feel like this would be so crazy hard and so much fun at the same time!
  7. Swim with dolphins…this shouldn’t be too hard, considering we live all of 25 minutes from the beach
  8. Eat at a real hibachi…there is one not too far from us that Steven and I have been talking about going to for a few years
  9. Take Steven to Disney…he’s never been there before!
  10. Visit 10 states I haven’t been to…this may prove to be a challenge considering I have driven up and down the entire east coast several times, but we’ll see!
  11. Visit a spa/Get spa treatment…a couple’s spa day would be best!
  12. Kiss in the rain…the most romantic, grab-me-by-the-waist movie kiss ever!!
  13. Be involved in a flash mob…this would be amazing!!!
  14. Go on at least 2 more cruises…we are planning another one for the end of the year and at least one in 2015!
  15. Learn to drive stick shift…and by that I mean not stalling out every 10 feet
  16. Get front row seats to a concert…hopefully Chris Young!!
  17. Go zip lining…there is a place 10 minutes down the road from our house, I can’t believe we haven’t done it yet!
  18. Go to a gun range…I have NO clue how to shoot a gun, and I feel like I should have some sort of idea
  19. Plant a garden…with peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, fresh herbs, etc!
  20. Read 3 classic novels (Pride & Prejudice, Jane Eyre & Wuthering Heights)
  21. Visit old plantations…we live in the heart of the South, so a day trip would be possible
  22. Take a yoga class…and make a complete fool of myself because I am the least flexible person ever
  23. Sing Karaoke…in front of an entire crowd of people!
  24. Learn to play a full song on the piano…with both hands, top and bottom
  25. Complete P90X again…Steven and I did it last year for the 13 weeks, and it was amazing. I would love to do it again!

So there you have it, the list of things that I would love to accomplish over the next 17 months. Some of them may be more difficult than others (seriously, where the hell am I going to find a flash mob down here?) and some of them I have no control over (like my uncooperative uterus or whether or not the eclipse will be visible from my house). But you better believe that I am going to try my hardest to accomplish every last one of these goals! Make sure to keep checking back on the list to see what I have completed so far.

I hope everyone is having a great week so far! You know what day it is…..Humpdayyy!




6 comments: